Your mortgage lender or panel valuer may contact you to offer an “upgrade” to a HomeBuyers / Building Survey if you are purchasing a property.   The reality with such arrangements is that this surveyor is likely to be a direct or panel employee of the lender and is primarily concerned with their interests, not yours.  There is no requirement for you to accept your lenders surveyor other than for the valuation, so it’s up to you if you prefer to appoint an independent surveyor for a condition inspection.  With Burton Residential Surveyors you’ll have direct local contact with the surveyor and the choice of the service that suits you and the property best.